Tuesday, November 24, 2009

When Liberals Think You Are Overspending, You are in Trouble

Liberals are like teenagers - grumpy and nihilistic, impetuous and overwrought, pathologically social yet narcissistic. So, when even the teenagers become concerned that dad has triple mortgaged the house, maxed out his credit cards, and a guy named Vinny is in the driveway with a billy club and a tow truck - you have to think ol' dad must be in a spot of trouble.

This all flashed through my mind as I fell off my chair watching SNL's hilarious spoof of Obama and his administration's profligacy. At one point, the Chinese president says through his interpreter: "you are not allowed to pay us back in clunkers." High comedy.

I remember in 1988 when SNL sent up then presidential candidate Michael Dukakis in a skit where he wanted to turn an aircraft carrier into a floating homeless shelter. I knew he was done.

2 comments:

garret seinen said...

Doug you are so right, when we start to laugh at them rather than cry for us, they are done.
Saw your AR write up. Its good. I haven't got time to do all the comments right now so I'll be back but I did something on AR myself some while back. It here if your interested, http://seine.thinkertothinker.com/2009/03/23/on-ayn-rand-my-view/

Doug Reich said...

Garret,

I read your post and I think it was well done.

I especially like your point re the fact that she did not have a "fully developed Ayn Rand to show her the way" - a point often lost.

Thank you.