Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Climate Security Act

Using the http://www.congress.org/ website, I wrote my representatives the following regarding the proposed "Climate Security Act". I recommend this website as an easy way to reach your representatives.

I strongly oppose the Climate Security Act and urge you to oppose its passage. This bill is based on the theory of man-made "global warming" - the causes and effects of which are scientifically unsubstantiated and uncertain at best. What we do know with certainty is that this bill will increase the costs of domestic manufacturing and energy production and therefore increase consumer prices, damage the competitiveness of these industries, and decrease our quality of life.

If these global warming claims are true, let them be proven in a court of law with real litigants who must demonstrate specific harms.

2 comments:

Cal said...

Congress.Org is a useful site. Thanks for reminding me about this bill. I've just sent my reps a note as well.

Crete said...

This is great info to know.