Monday, June 11, 2007

Here It Comes

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5580343,00.html

Says John Healy of the Seattle office of sustainability and environment: "Now the era of denial is over and we're entering the era of action."

Did I miss the Era of Proof? Oh wait, that never happened.

But if we were to pretend to live in the Era of Proof we may want to start here: 9 of the 12 warmest years in Denver occured before 1955! Out of the 10 coldest years on record, the most recent was 1997. Out of the 10 warmest years on record, the most recent was 1994. Before that, the warmest year was 1981.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/include/showProduct.php?product=annxtrm05.txt

But wait, didn't 502,383,290 scientists sign a letter saying they are convinced it is warming? Man, I'm so confused. I guess I'll go back to sorting the junk in my garbage and working on a way to turn recycled diapers into fuel. Also, I better go find my wallet.

4 comments:

AdamP said...

Hey Doug. This is AdamP again.
Just thought you might like to know that I've been thinking about starting an Objectivist-oriented blog for awhile now, and I've done it.
Check it out at http://nationalpower.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

After your thorough knowledge of American Indian culture and tolerance of others views, maybe you could call your blog "The Condescending Capitalist". Although name calling and hyperbole do make entertaining reading.

Doug Reich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doug Reich said...

Anonymous,

So, are my arguments right or wrong?

Can one be entertaining and right or are they mutually exclusive?

Is "hyperbole" no longer a legitimate writing device?

What knowledge of Indian culture is necessary to know that there are not 4 winds and that a body of water being "August color" is not a scientifically valid premise from which to infer man made global warming?

If someone repeatedly or publically makes claims that are objectively idiotic then is it illogical to dub that person an idiot?

Is it true that there is truth and can I know it? If I state the truth, do you consider that condescending?